In view of the prevailing situation caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, G.S.B. Sabha, Mumbai has taken the following decisions pertaining to its programmes and activities which are usually held in the upcoming few months:
1. CANCER SCREENING CAMP FOR WOMEN :
This camp, which was to be conducted by GSBS Medical Trust at its Health Rakshak Centre on Monday, 1st June, 2020, is postponed to a future date to be announced.
2. 76th PARICHAY :
GET-TOGETHER OF ELIGIBLE BOYS AND GIRLS WITH THEIR PARENTS : to be held on Sunday, 7th June, 2020, stands cancelled. We are planning an online version of Parichay, suitable announcement will be made later.
3. SHRAVAN HALDI KUMKUM PROGRAMME:
will not be held this year.
4. 86th FOUNDATION DAY CELEBRATIONS:
In usual course, this would have been held on Sunday, 23rd August, 2020. As of now, the same stands postponed and new date will be announced.
5. BHAKTI NATYA TARANG PROGRAMME :
We had planned this annual musical programme for July 25, 2020. As of now, the same stands postponed now and new date will be announced.
6. VIDYANIDHI EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANCE DISBURSEMENT :
In usual course, we would have started application form distribution in June. This year, we will wait for school/college admissions to start and then decide the procedure to be followed for the disbursement this year.
Please also make note of the following :
1. Voice of GSB : In the absence of printing facilities, we came out with a Digital Issue for April to June 2020 and are planning the same for July to September, 2020. We also came out with a Lockdown Special Issue. You can access these issues by following the following links:
April to June 2020 : https://online.pubhtml5.com/excu/sopx
Lockdown Special Issue : https://online.pubhtml5.com/excu/ylwa/#p=1
July to September 2020: https://online.pubhtml5.com/excu/ydkm/
2. QUARTERLY BENEFITS TO SENIOR CITIZENS :
We have ensured that quarterly benefits which we extend to needy senior citizens has been done in April 2020 by doing NEFT transfers. Usually, these benefits are in terms of reimbursements of the cost of their medicines for which they send bills to us. In the present scenario, we have transferred the money to them on account without waiting for their medicine bills to enable them to continue to meet their health care needs.
3. ONLINE SAMVAAD SERIES:
The Sabha has started an Online Samvaad Series via a popular webinar platform wherein inspiring and influencing speakers share their knowledge with registered participants and also take questions. There is a simple Google Form Registration process and the meeting co-ordinates are sent to registered participants. We also stream the session live on our facebook page. You can also browse our past sessions here: https://gsbsabhamumbai.org/samvaad
4. Both our Shree Nidhi office and Kreeda Mandir remain closed. We will announce on their opening.