In view of the prevailing situation caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the Sabha has taken the following decisions pertaining to its programmes and activities:
- VIDYANIDHI & HIGHER EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANCE DISBURSEMENT : This year, we have replaced our physical application form with an on-line application for educational assistance. This is a common form which is applicable for both Vidyanidhi (school/college/pst-graduate/professional) and Higher Education (4/5 year graduate professional studies for meritorious students) Aid Applications. Students in need of educational assistance need to apply before November 15th by filling up the form available here.
- QUARTERLY BENEFITS TO SENIOR CITIZENS : We have ensured that quarterly benefits which we extend to needy senior citizens has been done in April 2020 by doing NEFT transfers. Usually, these benefits are in terms of reimbursements of the cost of their medicines for which they send bills to us. In the present scenario, we have transferred the money to them on account without waiting for their medicine bills to enable them to continue to meet their health care needs.
- VOICE OF GSB : In the absence of printing facilities, we have come out with Digital Issues of our quarterly newsletter, Voice of GSB, from the April to June 2020 issue. We also came out with a Lockdown Special Issue. You can access these issues by following the following links :
April to June 2020 : https://online.pubhtml5.com/excu/sopx
July to September 2020 :
October to December 2020 :
Lockdown Special Issue : https://online.pubhtml5.com/excu/ylwa/#p=1
A decision to print Voice of GSB will be taken later, depending on circumstances.
- ONLINE PROGRAMS : The Sabha has started an Online Samvaad Series via a popular webinar platform wherein inspiring and influencing speakers share their knowledge with registered participants and also take questions. There is a simple Google Form Registration process and the meeting co-ordinates are sent to registered participants. We also stream the session live on our facebook page. You can also browse our past sessions here: https://gsbsabhamumbai.org/samvaad.
We are also having regular online Workshops / Competitions/ tutorials of which announcements are made on our website and facebook page.
- Our Shreenidhi office is functioning from 2pm to 6pm from Monday to Saturday. Our Sports and hall bookings at Kreeda Mandir remain closed.
- The decisions on some of our earlier announced / regularly held programs are as under :
- CANCER SCREENING CAMP FOR WOMEN : This camp, which was to be conducted by GSBS Medical Trust at its Health Rakshak Centre on Monday, 1st June, 2020., is postponed to a future date to be announced.
- 76th PARICHAY : GET-TOGETHER OF ELIGIBLE BOYS AND GIRLS WITH THEIR PARENTS : which was to be held on Sunday, 7th June, 2020, stands cancelled. We are planning a Zoom Parichay, suitable announcement will be made later.
- SHRAVAN HALDI KUMKUM PROGRAMME : will not be held this year.
- 86th FOUNDATION DAY CELEBRATIONS : In usual course, this would have been held on Sunday, 23rd August, 2020. As of now, the same stands postponed and new date will be announced.
- BHAKTI NATYA TARANG PROGRAMME : We had planned this annual musical programmme for July 25, 2020. As of now, the same stands postponed now and new date will be announced.